The first step toward becoming a volunteer at YRMC is to print and complete the volunteer application.
What you need to know
Jr. Volunteers (ages 15-17):
- Parental consent is required.
- Jr. Volunteers must attach a copy of their immunization records to their application along with one recommendation letter from a teacher, counselor or coach.
- Jr. Volunteers are required to serve at least 4 hours per week, for a minimum of one semester or during the summer program.
Adult volunteers (age 18 and above):
- There is no maximum age.
- Adult volunteers are required to serve at least 4 hours per week, for a minimum of 6 months.
- Prospective adult volunteers must complete a background investigation form at their volunteer orientation session.
- Adult volunteers must attach one character/personal reference letter from someone other than a family member to their application.
YRMC does not accept volunteers for mandated court-ordered community service.
Please return your completed application with the required letter of recommendation (and immunization record for Jr. Volunteers) to Volunteer Services. Please allow two weeks for us to process your application.
New Volunteer Orientation
Once your application is approved, there are just three more steps required to become an active YRMC volunteer:
- Step One: You will receive an orientation letter with information about our next volunteer orientation class. Please RSVP if you are able to attend.
- Step Two: After orientation, you will schedule a time to meet one-on-one with a member of our staff to discuss our expectations for volunteers, opportunities for service, and your areas of interest.
- Step Three: You will be asked to complete the health screening requirements of the hospital which include a 2-step TB screening and verification of your immunity to measles, rubella (German measles) and chicken pox after your interview
Thank you for your interest in becoming a YRMC volunteer. We look forward to welcoming you to our team and getting to know you better. If you have any questions, please call the Volunteer Office at 928-336-7462, or contact the Volunteer Services Officer firstname.lastname@example.org