Special events play an important role in the Foundation's efforts to raise funds for programs and projects that help build a healthier community. With the help of many community volunteers, the Foundation's staff and Board of Trustees host the following major fundraising events each year:
- Tractor Rodeo (3rd Saturday in January). Held at the Wellton-Mohawk Irrigation & Drainage District, this all-day event offers fun for the whole family. It includes an antique tractor pull, equipment demos, a vintage car display and parade. There's also a special tractor event for kids to enjoy along with horseback rides, a petting zoo and clowns. Breakfast and a barbecue dinner are served along with plenty of other treats.
- Snowbird Jam Session(3rd Saturday/Sunday in February). More than 100 musicians perform "Oldies but Goodies" at this 2-day Western-style jam session held at the Mary E. Post Auditorium. All proceeds benefit the YRMC School-Based Health Care Program.
- Foundation of YRMC Golf Tournament(April 19, 2013). All proceeds from this 4-person scramble-style tournament at Desert Hills Golf Course benefit Foundation community programs. A variety of sponsorship opportunities are available.
- Child Safety Fair (March 30, 2013) Learn how to be safe and have fun! Click Here for more information.
- Car Seat Safety Check (February 23, 2013) Learn how to properly install children’s car seats. Click Here for more information.
For more information about any of these special fundraising events, contact the Foundation Executive Director Foundationemail@yumaregional.org or call at 928-336-7045.