Yuma Regional Medical Center promises to deliver excellence to every patient, every time. A part of keeping that promise is to provide patients with assistance and information regarding your hospital bill. We understand that medical expenses are often large, unplanned and may create financial stress at a time when your primary concern is your health rather than financial issues. It is our goal to assist you in understanding what options are available.
Financial Assistance Program (FAP):
Providing health care to those who cannot afford to pay is part of our mission and state law requires hospitals to provide free and discounted care to eligible patients. You may qualify for free or discounted care based on family size and income, even if you have health insurance. Eligibility guidelines are based upon the Federal Poverty Guidelines and are updated annually in conjunction with the published updates by the Department of Health and Human Services. If your income is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines you may qualify for 100% Financial Assistance for your hospital bill. If your income is 201% to 400% of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines, you may qualify for partial Financial Assistance on your hospital bill at amounts no greater than the Amounts Generally Billed (AGB) to commercially insured or Medicare fee-for-service patients. This FAP does not apply to services relating to existing cash discount programs. Please refer to the Financial Assistance Policy for exclusions.
What is covered? For emergency and other medically necessary hospital-based services at YRMC we provide free care and financial assistance to eligible patients based on income and family size. No patient eligible for financial assistance will be charged more than amounts generally billed to patients who have insurance.
How to apply: Individuals may apply to receive financial assistance by submitting an application and providing supporting documentation. If you have questions, need help, or would like to receive an application form or more information, please contact us:
- When you are checking in or checking out of the hospital
- By telephone: 928-336-7011
- In person: Patient Access
2400 S. Avenue A
Yuma, AZ 85364
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Self-Pay Discounting: YRMC offers a self-pay discount from charges to uninsured patients who do not meet the FAP eligibility criteria. This discount does not apply to YRMC cash based services, insurance deductible, co-insurance, co-payments, bad debt accounts or FAP eligible accounts. Please contact an Enrollment Counselor at 928-336-7011 or Patient Financial Services at 928-336-7030 for more information.
Payment Plans: Any balance for amounts owed by you is due within 30 days. The balance can be paid in any of the following ways: credit card, payment plan, cash, check, or online bill pay. If you need a payment plan, please call the number on your billing statement.
Coverage Assistance: You may be eligible for other government and community programs. We can help you learn whether these programs (including Medicaid and Marketplace plans) can help cover your medical bills. We can help you apply for these programs. Please contact an Enrollment Counselor at 928-336-7011.
Maternity Services: YRMC offers several discount packages for our maternity patients such as Prenatal Clinic Program and Special Delivery Program. Please refer to the Women & Children tab on our website.
Types of Insurance Coverage:
- Medicare - Health insurance for individuals age 65+ and/or those with a qualifying disability. If you are covered by Medicare, we will file your claim for you. If you have a Medicare supplemental policy, upon our receipt of payment from Medicare, we will bill your supplemental insurance plan as well.
- AHCCCS (Medicaid) - A federally and state funded program administered by the State of Arizona that pays for services to persons who are medically vulnerable and/or of low income. If you are currently covered by Arizona AHCCCS upon verification of your eligibility we will submit your claim. We also submit claims for persons covered by Medi-Cal for the state of California.
- Commercial - Payment received from a premium-based insurance plan. The most common types of insurance plans include, but not limited to conventional, employer group insurance plans, HMO and PPO. We will make every effort to verify insurance eligibility and benefits. We will also attempt to obtain authorization in accordance with your insurance company's policies.
- Workers Compensation - Payments received from an employer, or the employer's representative, to cover medical expenses resulting from a work related injury. We will attempt to obtain authorization from your employer and/or industrial insurance plan.