as of March 23, 2010
Members must show their Silver Care membership card to receive discounts.
- YRMC Kiva Café - 10% discount on weekends ONLY.
- Nutrition Counseling - 10% discount on self paid nutrition counseling. The Center for Nutrition offers nutrition counseling, therapy and education for the prevention and management of disease including diabetes, heart disease, weight management and kidney disease. For more information, contact Kareen Turner, MPH, RD at 928-336-1356. Valid on hourly session with a registered dietitian. Any third party (insurance) payment cannot be discounted.
- YRMC Gift Shop and Corner Stork Café - 10% discount on merchandise. (Remember, the Gift Shop and Corner Stork Café don't charge sales tax!)
- Yuma Regional Plaza Laboratory - Receive discounts on specified tests. No appointment necessary. Walk into any of the Yuma Regional Plaza Laboratory locations, show your Silver Care membership card and receive your discount. Cash payments only and no insurance billing. Tests that can be discounted, and their reduced prices are:
Lipid (Cardiac) Profile - $20
Prostate Cancer Screen (PSA) - $20
Blood Glucose (Sugar) Test - $5
Total Cholesterol Test - $5
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Wellness Center - 1 month free Fit For Life Program. YRMC's Fit For Life Program is for those who have risk factors for heart disease and want to exercise in a medically supervised environment. The center offers registered nurses, respiratory therapists and exercise physiologists to help start you on the road to wellness and get you fit for life. Exercise with us for 3 months and get 1 month free. Valid once a year. Contact 928-336-1015 for more information.
Services and Events
- Insulated Tote - Our way of thafnking you for being a member of Silver Care! Receive this free gift when you join.
- Quarterly Newsletter and Calendar of Events - Your information source for Silver Care news. Find out what is happening at Yuma Regional Medical Center and about new events and benefits available to Silver Care members.
- Your Health Magazine - Receive a free semiannual subscription to Your Health - WISE edition. Gain insight on health topics that are important to YOU!
- Invitations to Special Events - Receive personal invitations throughout the year to events hosted by YRMC and Silver Care. Events include the Health & Fitness Expo, an exclusive Heart Healthy Cooking Seminar, Women's Expo, and more!
- Coffee and Conversation Health Speakers - Information on health topics YOU are interested in! Join us for this series that offers a presentation and a unique opportunity have a group conversation on a specific topic. Bring your questions and enjoy complimentary coffee and a light snack at these events. Speakers will be announced in Silver Care Calendar of Events. Advance registration requested.
- Hospital Tours - See what is happening at YRMC. Participate in one of our scheduled tours at the main campus, Foothills campus, Outpatient Diagnostic Imaging Center, or Yuma Rehabilitation Hospital. Tour dates will be announced in Silver Care Calendar of Events.
- Health Screenings - Receive no cost or low cost screenings at special events. Screenings will include cholesterol, blood pressure, and others to be announced. Screening dates will be announced in Silver Care Calendar of Events.
- Raffles and Prizes - Register to win exciting door prizes or receive complimentary giveaways at Silver Care events.
- Computer Classes - Brush up on your computer skills or learn something new at these free classes. Class dates will be announced in Silver Care Calendar of Events. Computer space is limited so please register early.
- Physician Referrals - Looking for a primary care physician or specialist? Call the YRMC CareLine, 928-336-CARE (2273), for referrals.
- Silver Care Team Visits - Receive a personal visit from a Silver Care Team representative if you are hospitalized. Team members will check on you to see how your stay is going and what we can do to help make it better. Let Patient Access registration know you are a Silver Care member when you are admitted to YRMC.
- Brown Bag Clinics - Have a question about how the medications you are taking are interacting with other medications? Attend one of our free medication check clinics and ask one of YRMC's pharmacists your questions. Clinics will be announced in Silver Care Calendar of Events.
- Drug Return Clinics - Do you have outdated or unused prescription drugs that you need to dispose of? Bring them to one of our Drug Return Clinics and we will properly dispose of them for you. Clinics will be announced in Silver Care Calendar of Events.
We welcome your feedback! If there is a specific service, event, or discount you believe would be beneficial to Silver Care members, please contact us at 928-336-3100 and let us know. We hope to continually add new programs and expand Silver Care benefits.