Foundation of YRMC Programs and Projects
Thanks to the generosity of its donors, the Foundation is able to support numerous programs and projects that help build a healthier community for Yuma-area residents.
- School-Based Health Care Program. The Foundation contributes over $100,000 annually to provide health care to children in the Yuma community who do not have health insurance. This program serves students in six elementary school districts through school-based clinics and a mobile medical van.
- Healthcare Scholarships. Over $50,000 in scholarships are awarded each year to local students pursuing education in nursing and other healthcare professions. These scholarships are made possible through named endowments. Scholarship applications must be received by March 1, 2017 at 5:00PM.
- Webb Nursing Education Fund - This award will provide nursing staff with reimbursements up to $350 to pursue continuing education certifications and accreditations. Approximately 15 awards of $350 each will be awarded. This application is for certifications/accreditations only. Applications must be received by March 1, 2017 at 5:00 PM. This award must be used within one year of award (by April 15, 2018).
- Diabetes Education. The Foundation provides funding of emergency supplies, blood sugar monitors and nutrition educational materials for patients with diabetes.
- Cancer Screening and Support. The Phillips Charitable Trust within the Foundation assists indigent patients who have been diagnosed with breast or lung cancer. The Foundation also offers mammogram screenings for uninsured women ages 35 to 49 in cooperation with the Yuma Coalition for Awareness.
YOUTH Initiative. The Yumans' Obesity Undermines Their Health (YOUTH) Initiative funds projects that work to reduce obesity. Two types of programs are funded: innovative programs proposed by community groups, and the Walk for Wellness: Mileage Club available to Elementary Schools.
For more information on any of these programs and projects, and to find out how you can help, contact the Foundation Executive Director Foundationemail@yumaregional.org or call 928-336-7045.