The Chaplains at YRMC are skilled listeners who are available to offer emotional and spiritual support to patients, their family members and staff whenever needed. Chaplains do not impose their own spiritual values on those they encounter. Instead, they are specially trained to help individuals connect with their own personal resources or their faith community.
There is a professional Chaplain in the hospital at all times. To request a Chaplain, ask your nurse or call 928-328-9297.
Examples of situations in which it can be helpful to speak with a professional Chaplain are:
- When you receive a new diagnosis
- When you are faced with a difficult decision regarding treatment
- Before and/or after surgery
- Upon the removal of life support or the death of a loved one
- When you are far from home
- When you have little other support
- When you need someone to talk to who will listen with a sympathetic ear
- When you are thankful for recovery or the birth of a child
- When you or a family member is being transported to another medical facility
- When you are struggling with questions about your life
- When the stresses of illness or injury are causing family conflicts
- When you would like your faith community or clergy to be contacted
- When you would like prayer, a sacrament or resources for growth or relaxation