Volunteers are an extremely important part of the YRMC community. To show our appreciation for their dedicated service, YRMC offers the following benefits to all volunteers:
- Awards Banquet: All volunteers are invited to this annual event that recognizes those who have completed at least 100 hours of service or years of service.
- Cafeteria Discount: All volunteers wearing an ID badge receive a 25% discount in the hospital cafeteria.
- Communications: YRMC offers a number of ways for volunteers to keep up with what's going on at the hospital, including newsletters, email and monthly meetings
- Educational Programs: All fees are waived for volunteers who register for the HeartSaver CPR class. Volunteers can receive the employee discount if they attend any YRMC-sponsored educational program that has a fee.
- Flu Shots/Hepatitis B/Immunity Testing: YRMC is committed to protecting its volunteers from contracting and/or exposing others to communicable diseases. YRMC provides at no charge to all volunteers TB testing, hepatitis B vaccine, and testing for immunity to rubella (German measles), measles and chicken pox. Flu shots are offered at no charge each year. Contact employee health for further information.
- Gift Shop/Corner Stork Café: Volunteers receive a 10% discount on purchases from the Gift Shop and Corner Stork Café. (Candy, sundries, food and beverages excluded). They are also entitled to receive a free medium fountain drink or canned soda, ice tea, or small coffee at the Corner Stork Café, Daily Grind or Kiva Café at Corporate Center. Courtesy Cart drivers may receive more drinks as needed during their shift.
- Gym Membership Discounts: Volunteers can take advantage of discounts on memberships at the YMCA, Curves for Women, World Gym and Snap Fitness. Call the Volunteer Office at 928-336-7065 for details.
- Job References: After completing a six-month commitment at YRMC, volunteers may request a written reference from the Volunteer Services Officer within two years of leaving volunteer service.
- Pharmacy Discount: Volunteers receive a discount on over-the-counter type medications for their personal use from the Outpatient Pharmacy. Call 336-7814 for current hours of operation.
- Scholarships: Each year the Volunteers award scholarships to students pursuing careers in the healthcare field. Applications are available in the East Lobby or at the YRMC Foundation in the beginning of each year.
- Tax Deductions: Volunteers may deduct out-of-pocket expenses, such as uniforms, shoes, meals, transportation to and from service location(s) or bus fare incurred while doing volunteer work under the general charitable contribution deduction of the Internal Revenue Code. Check with your tax professional for details.
- Volunteer Appreciation Week: One week every April is dedicated to acknowledging our volunteers. Be prepared to be thanked in a variety of ways!
- YEAH! PROGRAM ("You are Everything Around Here!"): All volunteers may participate in the STAR Recognition Program to recognize someone "caught in the act of doing something great." Anyone may give special recognition by giving a YEAH! STAR, and anyone may be recognized. You may obtain YEAH STARs in the Volunteer Services Office or within your department.
- YRMC Functions: Volunteers are invited to attend holiday festivities and YRMC functions during Hospital Week.