- An organized collaboration for enhancing the work among the Partners and with other stakeholders
Scope of Work
Scope: Collaborate with the unit staff and other stakeholders within a shared governance model in order to:
- Offer input into patient care and organizational processes
- Help to identify the patient/family needs from the perspective of the healthcare consumer.
- Participate in activities and/or committees assisting in enhancing the mission of YRMC.
- Actively partner with staff and leadership in support of YRMC goals and objectives.
- Improve understanding of PFCC Partner's role. Partner with all members to improve individual responsibility in support of Patient & Family Centered Care at YRMC.
The Patient Partner Council Values the concepts of:
- Patient/Family focused
- Mutual Respect and dignity
- Celebrating successes
- Shared decision making
Partnert Council Members
- There will be 2 Co-chairs
- There will be 13 Patient Partners
- Length of term for serving on the Council - 2 years
- The length of terms will be staggered
- Co-chairs be selected by nomination and then majority vote
- Future council members be selected by nomination and then majority vote
- Administrative Director
- Ratio of hospital personnel to Partners - 1:3
- The designated administrative assistant will be responsible for the typing and distribution of the agenda, minutes.
- The agenda will be forwarded to the facilitator and co-facilitator prior to the scheduled meeting.
- Minutes will be distributed to the committee one week prior to the next scheduled meeting for review/revisions.
- Copies of meeting minutes will be available for the Partner's to read in a binder stored in the Administrative Director's office.
- Meetings to be held once a month
- Meetings will begin at 5:30 pm
- Quorum - 50% of Partners need to be present at the meeting in order to hold meeting and make decisions
- Agenda items submission deadline - Prior to next meeting
- Voting procedure/Making decisions- Majority vote rules
- Staff members do not have voting privileges.