Delivering healthy babies is our specialty at Yuma Regional Medical Center. In fact, more than 3,000 babies are born at YRMC each year. Our Labor/Delivery/Recovery/Postpartum (LDRP) team is dedicated to providing the high-quality, supportive, family-centered care that is so important when your new baby is welcomed into the world. Our LRDP nurses are highly trained in all facets of perinatal care.
Our LDRP unit is equipped with 34 private rooms. Nine of these rooms are reserved for labor and delivery, and the remaining 25 rooms are designed for "mother/baby rooming in" to allow the new mom and her baby to stay together and begin bonding.
Infant security is taken seriously at YRMC. Newborns and their parents are given matching bands so frequent ID checks can be made. LDRP is also designated as a secure unit, which means all visitors are provided passes to ensure ease of family visits and identification in the department.
Pregnancy and childbirth services also include:
- Pediatric and obstetric hospitalists available 24/7
- An anesthesiologist dedicated to obstetrics in the hospital 24/7
- State of Arizona licensed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Lactation consultants available to help mothers get breastfeeding off to a successful start
- A neonatologist available 24/7
- In-hospital consultations for prenatal care and high-risk pregnancies
Pre-registration for Maternity Services
Women who are planning to deliver their babies at YRMC should register in advance. This process can be completed at any time during the pregnancy. Maternity pre-registration is available online, or you can register in person at the YRMC Main Lobby area Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. To register online, click here.