1. Can I apply for more than one scholarship if I meet the eligibly requirements of each?
If you are applying for the Cardiopulmonary Award, the Dr. Ernest Rillos Memorial Scholarship, or the Radiology Award, you are still eligible to apply for the General Scholarships or the Careers in Nursing Scholarships. This is because the Cardiopulmonary staff and the Radiology staff at YRMC have funded awards specific to their respective field and therefore have a separate review process for the awards they are funding. There is also a separate review committee for the Dr. Ernest Rillos Memorial Scholarship.
However, you cannot apply for both the Nursing Scholarship and the General Scholarship because those scholarships are provided by the same Foundation funds.
2. When will I find out whether I have received an award?
We will let you know whether or not you have received a scholarship via email on Friday, May 24, 2013. Immediately following, scholarship winners will be announced to the local media.
3. Why is there more than one scholarship this year?
The multiple applications will allow us to streamline our review process and will also allow for more hands-on review by the divisions that have created their own funding mechanisms.
4. Can I apply if I have previously received a scholarship from the Foundation of Yuma Regional Medical Center?
Yes. However, applicants who have previously received funding must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher to reapply.
5. Is there someone I can contact with questions?