The Volunteers of Yuma Regional Medical Center are pleased to support scholarships for those pursuing a career in medical fields. These scholarships are made possible by the fund raising efforts of the volunteers, proceeds from the retail operations at YRMC and donations from supporters of the Volunteers.
For 2013, there will be 6 scholarships available totally $11,000.
The Professor Howard W. Griffiths Memorial Scholarship $1,000. Given in memory of Professor Howard Griffiths by Marilyn Griffiths, a devoted volunteer at YRMC.
The Volunteer Memorial Scholarship --$2,000. Given in memory of those volunteers who have nurtured the Scholarship Program.
The Volunteer Scholarships – 4- $2,000 scholarships for those pursuing careers in a variety of medical fields.
These scholarships will be awarded to students who meet the following criteria:
Graduating high school seniors with an interest in health related career programs
Current college students accepted to or currently enrolled in an accredited health-related career program.
Graduate students accepted to or currently enrolled in a health related career program.
Students attending AWC or NAU-Yuma only.
- Must be a current resident of Yuma County
- Attending or accepted to Arizona Western College or NAU-Yuma
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
The completed scholarship application must contain the following:
- Scholarship application form neatly completed.
- A Personal essay of no more than 400 words that contains the following:
- Specifically addresses your health care career goals and your plan to achieve this goal
- Your educational plans
- Your strengths and your suitability to this career
- Your plans for financing your education
- Your plans after graduation
- Brief list of relevant high school, college and community activities
- Two letters of recommendation from people other than relatives, who can attest to your commitment to a health related career.
- Most recent high school or college transcript and if applicable, a copy of your acceptance letter.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION: (Click here to download application)
The application MUST be submitted in the following order:
- Scholarship Application
- Personal Essay typed in 12 point font
- Letters of Recommendation
- Acceptance Letter(s) if applicable
Completed applications must be submitted to YRMC Volunteer Services by Friday, April 19th at 4pm.
Please mail or deliver your application to:
YRMC Volunteer Services Department (Located in the East Lobby)
2400 S. Avenue A
Yuma, Arizona 85364
For further information please contact Scholarship Chairperson, Penny Egan at 928-329-4845.