The dedicated Cardiopulmonary Services staff specializes in the diagnostic testing, treatment, education and rehabilitation of patients who have heart, neurological or lung diseases. Our services include:
- 3D Echocardiogram - produces a three-dimensional image of the heart using advanced ultrasound technology
- EEG (Electroencephalogram) - measures electrical activity of the brain
- EKG (Electrocardiogram) - records the electrical activity of the heart over a period of time
- Bronchoscopy - a procedure to view the airways and diagnose or treat lung disease
- Pulmonary Function -measures how well a patient's lungs are working
- Cardiac Stress Testing
YRMC's registered respiratory care practitioners provide respiratory care and education to patients who have breathing difficulties or other cardiopulmonary disorders. They also conduct outpatient lung function testing.
Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Education and exercise are essential to the recovery of patients with cardiac or pulmonary conditions. Our cardiopulmonary rehabilitation team includes registered nurses, exercise physiologists, a respiratory therapist and a physician who work together to help patients regain their endurance after experiencing a heart attack, heart surgery or a respiratory disease. Once these patients have completed their rehabilitation program, they can continue their fitness training in YRMC's medically-supervised exercise program.
American Association for Respiratory Care
American Heart Association
American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation