In Memory of Richard Michael McDaniel
July 7, 1942 – March 25, 2012
The McDaniel Endowment Fund of the Foundation of Yuma Regional Medical Center was established by Richard Michael McDaniel in memory of his parents, Ted and Stella McDaniel. Through his estate, Mr. McDaniel left a generous legacy to the Foundation to be used to further cancer treatment and research here in his community of Yuma, Arizona. Mr. McDaniel was treated at the Yuma Regional Medical Center while he battled cancer for over 20 years.
The McDaniel Endowment Fund
Mr. McDaniel stipulated that the income from the McDaniel Endowment Fund "...may be utilized for medical student or physician scholarships, nursing scholarships, cancer research, medical equipment for the YRMC Cancer Center or other similar activities centered on the awareness, diagnosis, cure, and treatment of cancer in the Yuma area".
Each year in the fourth quarter of the calendar year, the McDaniel Endowment Fund Committee will issue Request for Proposals (RFPs) to solicit applications from the community that support the advancement of cancer treatment or knowledge in the Yuma area.
2016 McDaniel Endowment Fund Grant RFP – due October 30th, 2015
The 2015 McDaniel Endowment Fund will support projects ranging from $1,000 to $50,000 that support cancer screening, treatment, equipment, research, and fellowships.
2016 McDaniel Endowment Fund Scholarship RFP – due October 30st, 2015
The 2015 McDaniel Endowment Scholarship Fund will support Scholarships for students who are pursuing a master's degree in cancer nursing, doctorate of nursing practice (DNP), a residency in oncology, or a similar program. Students must commit to serving in the Yuma community for at least one (1) year. Students may apply for up to $10,000 each year.
The McDaniel Endowment Fund Committee and Representation:
- Barbara DeWitt, Chair. Trustee, Foundation of Yuma Regional Medical Center
- Machele Headington, Vice President, Marketing and Communications, Yuma Regional Medical Center
- Robert Takesuye, DO, Oncologist, Yuma Regional Cancer Center
- Marla Moore, Director of Clinical Operations, Yuma Regional Cancer Center
- Jill Caporelli, OD, Yuma Regional Cancer Center Community Board
- Carole Coleman, Yuma Regional Medical Center Board of Directors
- Bernadette Presloid, Trustee, Foundation of Yuma Regional Medical Center
- Victoria Click, Ex Officio Member