When meeting with your doctor about the possibility of participating in a clinical trial, consider taking a family member or friend along for support and for help in asking questions or recording answers. Here is a list of questions you may want to ask:
- What is the purpose of this study?
- How will a clinical trial help me?
- What kind of tests and treatments will I have during the study?
- What should I expect if I do not have this research treatment?
- What other treatment options are available to me?
- How will participation in this study affect my daily life?
- What are the possible side effects of this study treatment? How will it compare with the side effects from standard treatment and the effects of cancer?
- How long will the study last?
- Will I have to be hospitalized? If so, how often and how long?
- Will I have to pay for any costs not covered by insurance or the study sponsor?
- What type of long term follow-up care is part of the study?
If you have any other questions, please consult your doctor or call clinical research at 928-336-3366.