Start your residency adventure in Yuma! Our unique Family and Community Medicine residency program focuses on patient-and family-centered care, and is affiliated with the College of Medicine at the University of Arizona.
Yuma County serves over 200,000 people and covers an expansive area. The diverse population, including medically underserved and substantial migration of winter visitors, provides a wide-range of healthcare challenges and disease states from which our residents gain in-depth, hands-on experience. Emphasis on education versus service.
- Newly accredited, unopposed program. Family Medicine is the only residency program at YRMC at this time.
- Nationally recognized full-time faculty leadership
- Yuma Regional Medical Center is a 406 bed community hospital.
- Orientation month in July for first year residents.
- Integrated EPIC electronic health record system.
- Thursday afternoon didactics. Four hours are dedicated to core Family Medicine lectures, conferences and workshops weekly.
- Four months elective time.
- Strong affiliation relationships with the University of Arizona College of Medicine and Mayo Clinic Arizona in Scottsdale.
- Geographic location on the border of Mexico offers unparalleled experiences.
- Diverse group of experienced community-based faculty.
- A caring, supportive teaching atmosphere and collegial relationships.
- Four weeks of vacation, five CME days (PGY2 and PGY3) annually.