2015 Volunteer Services Scholarship Program
For Careers in Healthcare
The volunteers of Yuma Regional Medical Center are pleased to support scholarships for those pursuing a career in healthcare. These scholarships are made possible by the fundraising efforts of the volunteers, proceeds from the retail operations at YRMC and donations from supporters of this program.
6 scholarships will be available for a total of $12,000 Funds are available for tuition only
To qualify as a potential scholarship recipient you must be:
- A current resident of Yuma County
- A High School graduate (high school seniors graduating in 2015 are accepted), a current undergraduate student or graduate student accepted to or currently enrolled in a healthcare career program.
- Attending, or accepted to, Arizona Western College or NAU-Yuma only
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher
The completed scholarship application must contain the following:
- A legible scholarship application that is complete
- A Personal essay up to 400 words in 12-point font that includes the following:
- Your healthcare career goal and your plans to achieve this goal
- Your educational plans
- Your strengths and your suitability for this career
- Your plans for financing your education
- Your plans after graduation
- Brief list of relevant high school, college and community activities
- Two letters of recommendation, from people other than relatives, who can attest to your commitment to a healthcare career
- Most recent high school or college transcript, and if applicable, a copy of your acceptance letter
- PLEASE NOTE: If you are a graduating high school senior or a high school graduate, you must submit a copy of your high school transcript and a letter of acceptance to the college/program you will be attending. If you are a current college/university student in a healthcare program, submit a copy of your latest transcripts. If you have other college/university training and you have been accepted into a college/university healthcare program, submit your latest transcripts and your letter of acceptance to the program.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
The application MUST be submitted in the following order:
- Scholarship application form
- Personal essay
- Letters of recommendation
- Acceptance letter(s) if applicable
Completed applications must be received by YRMC Volunteer Services no later than
Friday, April 17 at 4:00 p.m.
Please mail or deliver your application to:
YRMC Volunteer Services Department Scholarship Committee
2400 S. Avenue A
Yuma, Arizona 85364
*If you are hand-delivering your application, drop off application at the Information Desk in the Administrative Building of YRMC, located off of Ave A entrance of the hospital.
Please do not staple or include pictures and do not submit application materials in binders or folders.
For further information, please contact the Volunteer Services Department at 928-336-2005.