Yuma Regional Medical Center is proud to offer its employees a comprehensive benefit plan. Eligible employees enjoy a wide range of options:
Health and Wellness Benefits
Naturally, we encourage our employees to focus on their health and wellness, so we offer a wide array of benefits to help them meet that goal:
- Medical coverage, including coverage for hospital services and physician services
- Prescription discounts on generic and brand-name medications
- Dental coverage for both preventive and comprehensive care
- Vision and hearing benefits that cover exams, frames, lenses, contact lenses and discounts on hearing aids.
- Employee Assistance Program, a free benefit designed to help employees and their families with their personal lives and work performance
- Flexible Spending Account, designed to help employees use pre-tax dollars to cover health and dependent care expenses not covered by insurance
Paid Time Off
We also believe that it’s essential for employees to be able to take paid time off from work. At Yuma Regional Medical Center, employees begin accruing paid time off from their first day of employment:
- Personal Leave Time (PLT) can be used for vacation, holidays, personal time and short-term illness. Unused hours can be carried over from year to year, based on the plan's guidelines.
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL) can be used when an employee or a family member is ill, injured or is absent due to domestic violence, sexual violence or abuse. PSL can also be used when an employee is absent due to a public health closure of their business or their child's school. Unused hours cannot be carried over.
Financial and Retirement Benefits
Yuma Regional Medical Center offers the following benefits to help employees plan for the future and protect their financial resources:
- 401(k) plan – Yuma Regional Medical Center offers matching funds up to 4% of pay based on the employee's contributions and immediate 100% vesting.
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) - A 60% benefit is provided at no cost to employees and other options are available.
- Life insurance - A benefit equal to one time the employee’s pay is provided at no charge, including matching Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, with voluntary supplemental life insurance available.
- Personal accident insurance, including voluntary supplemental personal accident insurance and travel accident insurance.
Recognizing that learning is the key to continued career growth, Yuma Regional Medical Center supports the educational goals of our full time, regular status employees in the following ways:
- Tuition assistance for college courses of up to $1,000 per year (pretax) for any job-related course that provides personal growth and development or for a course that is directly related to a degree program. This benefit is designed for those who have completed less than 60 hours of college courses or who are taking occasional college classes not directed toward a degree program.
- Tuition assistance for advanced degrees is available for individuals who wish to pursue a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree in business, healthcare administration, nursing or other related field. Those enrolled in a qualifying degree program are eligible to receive tuition reimbursement or direct funding to their educational institution (or a combination of both) up to a total of $5,250 each calendar year.
- A full range of in-house educational opportunities, from leadership development courses to advanced cardiac life support to computer classes.
At Yuma Regional Medical Center, we can't thank our employees enough! We've developed all kinds of creative ways to give our employees the recognition they deserve.
We understand that each employee has unique needs, so we offer several additional benefits, including:
- Paid funeral leave in the event of a death in the immediate family
- Paid jury duty for time served during an employee's scheduled working shift
- Discounts from area vendors
For complete details about any of these benefits, including coverage, eligibility requirements and costs, contact our Human Resources Department at 928-336-7129.