Dr. Madhu Narra is a board certified specialist in adult and pediatric Allergy & Immunology. He was fellowship trained in Allergy & Immunology at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX. He later worked as an assistant professor of medicine and associate program director at Baylor College of Medicine where he trained fellows in Allergy & Immunology. He was also trained in Internal Medicine at UMKC School of Medicine, Kansas City, MO where he was awarded the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Honor and is a diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine. He obtained a Master's degree in Biology at the University of Memphis with Phi Kappa Phi Honor and medical education at Osmania Medical College, India. He has served on various national committees in Allergy & Immunology and published, as well as reviewed, several journal articles. He was also on the editorial board of the journal Annals of Allergy, Asthma and immunology. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
Dr. Narra’s clinical interests include:
Dr. Narra’s professional highlights include:
- Allergic rhinitis/conjunctivitis (hay fever)
- Food allergy
- Atopic and contact dermatitis/eczema
- Drug allergy (eg. penicillin and lidocaine)
- Urticaria (hives)
- Angioedema (swelling)
- Anaphylaxis/allergic reaction
- Insect sting allergies
- Frequent infections/primary immunodeficiency
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
Presentations at National Meetings
- Madhu B Narra, Carla M Davis, William T. Shearer. Presumed Pizza Allergy Disproven. World Allergy Organization. Clinical Allergy Tips. Sep 2009.
- Narra MB, Shearer WT. Cartilage Hair Hypoplasia and Severe Allergy. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009;123(6):1418-9.
- Abdou NI, Greenwell CA, Mehta R, Narra M, Hester JD, Halsey JF. Efficacy of intravenous gammaglobulin for immunoglobulin G subclass and/or antibody deficiency in adults. Int Arch Allergy Immunol 2009;149:267-74.
- Narra MB, Abdou NI. Autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome in a patient with common variable immunodeficiency: dichotomy of apoptosis. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2007;98(6):585-588.
- Dhindsa-Castanedo L, Narra MB. Desensitization to Liposomal Amphotericin B (Ambisome) after Anaphylactic Reaction. American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Annual Meeting (AAAAI), March 2012, Orlando, FL
- Leechawengwongs E, Narra MB. T-Cell Lymphoma in an Elderly Patient with Combined Immune Deficiency. American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Annual Meeting (ACAAI), November 2011, Boston, MA
- Narra MB, Ogawa Y. Natural Killer Like T-Cell Large Granular Lymphocyte Leukemia in Common Variable Immunodeficiency. American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Annual Meeting, November 2009, Miami Beach, FL
- Narra MB, Ogawa Y. Voriconazole in a Severe Asthmatic Patient with Aspergillus Hypersensitivity. American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Annual Meeting, November 2008, Seattle, WA
- Narra MB, Greenwell C, Hester JD, Halsey JF, Abdou NI. Mannose Binding Lectin, IgG Subclass and Antibody Deficiency: Efficacy of Intravenous Immunoglobulins. American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Annual Meeting, November 2007, Dallas, TX
- Narra MB, Abdou NI. Autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome (ALPS) in a patient with common variable immunodeficiency (CVID): Fas deficiency with increased apoptosis. American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Annual Meeting, February 2007, San Diego, CA