Brenda Ernst, M.D. received her medical degree from St. George University School of Medicine in Bay Shore, NY. She completed a residency in Internal Medicine at Orlando Regional Medical Center. She also completed a Fellowship in Hematology/Oncology from Mayo Clinic College of Medicine in Scottsdale, AZ. She was also a McDaniel Fellowship Award Recipient.
Dr. Ernst's clinical interests include:
- Caring for women, as well as breast cancer treatment.
- Looking for new ways to better deliver care through research focusing on both patient feedback and biomarkers to identify cancer recurrence and better direct care decisions.
Dr. Ernst really enjoys the great outdoors and is always looking for ways to be outside with her family enjoying nature, albeit hiking, biking, snowboarding or in the surf.
Dr. Ernst's Professional highlights include:
- The Charles D. Engelhardt Residency award
- Mayo Clinic Chief Oncology Fellow
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Gastroenterology Research in Gastroesophageal cancer
- International Society of Diseases of the Esophagus
- Prestigious selection for the Methods in Clinical Cancer Research by the American Association of Cancer Research. An intensive workshop in the essentials of effective clinical trial designs of therapeutic interventions in the treatment of cancer for clinical fellow and junior faculty clinical researchers in the field of oncology.
- Honored participant in the Molecular Markers in Cancer 2016. A joint meeting by the National Cancer Institute, American Society of Clinical Oncology and the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer.
- McDaniel grant recipient for molecular based research in cancer