Yuma Regional Medical Center is proud to offer Healthy Workforce, a progressive workplace wellness program designed for Yuma-area businesses and organizations. It’s inspired by our own efforts to keep our employees healthy. Our employee wellness program has been recognized with the 2016 Gold Award from Healthy Arizona Worksites and the American Heart Association Platinum, Fit-Friendly Worksite Achievement. We’ll be glad to draw upon the knowledge and experience we’ve gained to create a successful wellness program for your organization.
By developing innovative ways to help employees stay healthy, your organization can help prevent the onset of chronic disease and assist those with existing chronic conditions. A workplace wellness plan can result in increased productivity and morale, reduce absenteeism and healthcare costs and create a healthier workplace overall.
“Healthy Workforce came into our organization and helped us build our wellness program from the ground up. (They keep) our wellness program current with frequent, relevant and impactful topics that appeal to our entire workforce. The return on your investment of time and resources is paid back 10 times full.”
General Manager, The Growers Company
Our Healthy Workforce program offers:
Onsite Health Fair Health Screenings
Our Yuma Regional Medical Center Healthy Workforce team will provide the staffing, equipment and materials needed to perform onsite health screenings for your workforce that include:
- Blood Pressure – the pressure of the blood found inside the artery walls
- Body Mass Index (BMI) – a weight-to-height ratio used as an indicator of obesity and underweight
- Waist Circumference – assesses abdominal fat for chronic disease risk
- Glucose – test used to determine amount of sugar in the blood to detect risk of diabetes
- Cholesterol – substance created by the body or that comes from the food we eat that circulates through our blood and can impact the heart and artery walls
- HDL (High-density lipoproteins) – shows level of good cholesterol that prevents arteries from becoming clogged
- Health Risk Assessment (HRA) – questionnaire that analyzes areas of improvement and strength. The HRA provides each employee with an overall wellness score as well as suggested areas of improvement in exercise, nutrition, safety and stress management. All HRAs are confidential and are HIPAA compliant.
Customized Wellness Coaching and Education
After the employee screenings are completed, our Healthy Workforce team will work with you to identify areas of focus and improvement based on the results of your executive summary. Together, we will create a customized workplace wellness program for your organization. Our wellness programming options include:
- Customized health materials in English and Spanish
- Onsite health classes and presentations from Yuma Regional Medical Center medical providers and staff
- Physical activity programs and wellness challenges
- Access to educational resources from Yuma Regional Medical Center
- Physician resources
- Additional wellness assessments
For more information about Healthy Workforce or to start a workplace wellness program for your organization, contact YRMC Wellness at 928-336-7958 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.