The Foundation of Yuma Regional Medical Center invites you to join us as we respond to the significant local needs caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Responding to community needs, especially in times of crisis, has always been at the heart of the healing care by our family of caregivers here at YRMC. Through your partnership, together, we can make a difference.
We invite you to donate and help us:
- Boost our stock of masks and other personal protective equipment
- Offset the burden of treatment costs for poor and vulnerable persons suffering from COVID-19
- Support YRMC caregivers (employees) financially affected by this crisis through our Employee Assistance Fund
- Carry out the research to combat this virus in Yuma County
We Are Taking Donation Deliveries
With the potential influx of COVID-19 patients, we’re taking action. While Yuma Regional Medical Center is successfully managing its supplies as responsible stewards of its resources, we are also asking all relevant facilities, individuals and organizations to help alleviate the shortage in Yuma by donating key equipment and materials. Personal protective equipment (PPE) is critically important.
Below is a list of items needed:
- Medical-grade procedure and surgical masks
- Hand-sewn masks that meet criteria. Printed and video instructions available
- Arm sleeves
- Goggles, eye shields and face shields
- Electronic traffic signs
- Crowd control barriers
- Disinfectant wipes
- Household disinfectant products
If you have these items to donate, please contact Jackie Woodwell first to schedule a drop off at 928-336-7046 or [email protected]. Items can be dropped off from 9 am to 3 pm, Monday through Friday.
Drop Off Location
Foundation of Yuma Regional Medical Center
399 W 32nd Street
Yuma, AZ 85364
Donations can also be mailed to the following address:
Yuma Regional Medical Center
Attn: Foundation of YRMC
2400 S. Avenue A
Yuma, AZ 85364
If you are an individual at high risk for severe COVID-19 (over the age of 65, immunocompromised or living with serious underlying medical conditions), we will provide a pick-up service so you don’t have to venture out. Just call 928-336-7046 to arrange for a pick-up.
Food and Self Care Donations
Many people throughout Yuma County have generously reached out and expressed interest in supporting Yuma Regional Medical Center and our dedicated team of caregivers during the coronavirus outbreak. Please note the following guidelines if you would like to contribute food and self-care items.
- Individual food items such as PowerBars, granola bars, trail mixes, peanut butter crackers, cheese crackers, cookies, candy bars and snack cakes (unopened, unexpired and in the original packaging)
- Gift cards to be used for colleague support items
- Individually packaged meals only (no homemade food can be accepted)
- Self-care items such as hand lotions or personal hand sanitizer bottles (unopened, unexpired and in the original packaging)
To arrange a donation of food or self-care items for our dedicated team of colleagues please contact Jackie Woodwell at 928-336-7046 or [email protected].
Special Note: Please know that your monetary gift helps put our hospital in a position of strength as we combat the COVID-19 crisis. For community members who want to contribute directly to this effort, we’ve established the COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund. Donations to this Fund will support emerging needs and help address COVID-19’s devastating impact on patients and families, front line caregivers and the delivery of health care. Thank you!