The Foundation of Yuma Regional Medical Center provides scholarships to Yuma County students interested in pursuing healthcare careers and medical professionals who want to advance their medical education. Over $50,000 in scholarships are awarded each year. These scholarships have been made possible thanks to the generosity of local donors who thoughtfully chose to leave a “legacy of education.”
Deadline for Application: All applications for the scholarship opportunities described below are due by March 12 by midnight. No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Awards can be up to $2,000 per recipient.
General Criteria for ALL Scholarships:
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be a graduating high school senior with an interest in healthcare-related career programs, OR
- Be a current college student accepted by, or currently enrolled in, an accredited healthcare-related career program, OR
- Be a graduate student accepted by, or currently enrolled in, a healthcare-related program
- Be a current resident of Yuma County
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher or the GPA required by the specific scholarship
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher IF you are a previous scholarship cycle recipient
All scholarships are funded thanks to the generous contributions made by the following people and/or families: Lucille Brygger, Rene Ozuna, Mary Fox, Edgar P. and Kay E. Jurgensen, Gwen and Howard Mitchell, Marlena Schwoerer, Dr. Dale F., Lyndis A. Webb and the fundraising efforts of Yuma Regional Medical Center volunteers.
To apply for any of these scholarship opportunities, please complete an application. If you have any questions about these scholarships or the application process, please call the Foundation office at 928-336-2445
or email us at [email protected]