We are excited to offer volunteer positions for students age 15-18 through our Junior Volunteer Program. This program provides young adults with a chance to make a difference in our community, create lifelong friendships and learn more about health care careers. As a volunteer, we are sure you will soon experience the satisfying rewards that only service to others can bring. The information provided below will help you through the acceptance process. Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to getting to know you better in the days ahead.
- The potential volunteer must meet the minimum age requirement of 15 years.
- Parental consent is required for junior volunteers who are 15 -18 years old and still in high school.
- Junior volunteers must be enrolled in high school or recently graduated from high school.
- Junior volunteers are required to volunteer at least (3-4) hours per week, for a minimum of one semester or during summer break.
- Junior volunteers are placed in service areas based on the needs of the hospital, as well as availability.
- We do not accept volunteers for mandated court-ordered community service.
How to Apply:
Applications will be available beginning February 2023. At that time, applicants will need to complete and submit the following items:
- Junior Volunteer Program Application (avalible February 2023)
You will be notified via email if accepted. Once accepted the following forms will need to be printed, completed and brought to your scheduled orientation.
Failure to bring the listed from will delay the application process.
- Once your application is received, our team will review and schedule all eligible volunteers for an in-person orientation to cover information regarding our volunteer program.
- After orientation, you will be scheduled a time to meet one-on-one with a member of our staff to discuss expectations for volunteers, opportunities for service, your areas of interest, and the final steps to become a volunteer.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Yuma Regional Medical Center. Should you have any additional questions regarding the application process, please call the volunteer office at 928-336-7065.