The volunteers of Yuma Regional Medical Center are pleased to support scholarships for those pursuing a career in healthcare. These scholarships are made possible by the fundraising efforts of our volunteers, proceeds from the retail operations at Yuma Regional Medical Center and donations from supporters of this program.
7 scholarships will be available for a total of $14,000
- 6 scholarships at $2,000 each
- 1 Memorial Volunteer Scholarship at $2,000
To qualify as a potential scholarship recipient, you must be:
- A current resident of Yuma County.
- A high school graduate, a high school senior graduating from high school in 2018, a current undergraduate student or graduate student accepted to or currently enrolled in a healthcare career program.
- Attending, or accepted to, Arizona Western College, NAU-Yuma or UofA Yuma only.
- If you are applying for the Memorial Volunteer Scholarship you must be an active YRMC volunteer within the last 12 months.
- Applicants must also have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
The completed scholarship application must contain the following:
- A complete and legible scholarship application
- A personal essay up to 400 words in 12-point font that includes the following:
- Your healthcare career goal and your plans to achieve this goal
- Your educational plans and plans after graduation
- Your strengths and your suitability for this career
- Your plans for financing your education
- Brief list of relevant high school, college and community activities
- Two letters of recommendation from people other than relatives who can attest to your commitment to a healthcare career
- Most recent high school or college transcript, and if applicable, a copy of your acceptance letter
If you are a graduating high school senior or a high school graduate, you must submit a copy of your high school transcript and a letter of acceptance to the college/program you will be attending. If you are a current college/university student in a healthcare program, submit a copy of your latest transcripts. If you have other college/university training and you have been accepted into a college/university healthcare program, submit your latest transcripts and your letter of acceptance to the program.
How to Apply
Your application MUST include the following items:
- Scholarship Application Form
- Personal Essay
- Letters of Recommendation
- Acceptance Letter(s), if applicable
If you have any questions about the scholarship application process, please call us at 928-336-2005