1 lb new potatoes (halved, thinly sliced)
2 tsp minced garlic
1 lb green beans (ends trimmed)
2 Tbsp canola oil
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
4 6oz skinless salmon filets
1to 2 lemons, sliced into wheels
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Make 4 sheets of aluminum foil about 30 inches long. Fold the foil in half widthwise (into almost a square) so it’s extra sturdy.
- Cut each potato into half lengthwise. Thinly cut each half into 1/8-inch slices and place into a heatprrof container. Stir in the minced garlic, cover, and cook the potatoes in the microwave until halfway tender, around 90 seconds to 3 minutes, depending on microwave’s power. Transfer mixture to a bowl, along with green beans, oil, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Divide potato mixture into 4 equal portions into the center of each foil square. If possible, nudge green beans to face the same direction. Top each portion with salmon filet in the same direction as green beans for easier folding. Sprinkle garlic powder onto each salmon piece; top with 2 lemon wheels.
- Securely seal the top and sides of each foil packet. Place each foil packet onto a large baking sheet and bake into the preheated oven. Cook until salmon is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place each foil packet onto a plate. Carefully open each packet to serve.