When you choose a physician practicing with Yuma Regional Medical Center General Surgery, our doctors support you from diagnosis to treatment, and then through recovery. Our surgeons offer their skilled expertise to treat many conditions including:
- Abdominal wall and inguinal hernias, including abdominal wall reconstruction
- Adrenal gland diseases
- Breast disorders including breast cancer
- Colorectal disorders including cancer
- Gallbladder inflammation and gallstones
- Gastrointestinal emergencies including appendicitis and diverticulitis
- Pancreatic conditions including cancer
- Skin cancer
- Soft tissue masses and tumors
- Swallowing and esophagus problems
Minimally Invasive Procedures
The practice of using cameras and other techniques to minimize surgical incisions has greatly evolved in the last decades. Minimally invasive surgery is now the norm for many surgical procedures. The benefits include faster healing, less pain and shorter recovery times. Patients who undergo minimally invasive procedures also have less infection risk, blood loss and scarring. Our doctors have extensive training with minimally invasive techniques, which they use to help their patients whenever possible.
Robotic surgery is an extension of minimally invasive surgery. For select procedures, a robot has its place facilitating specialists as they carry out surgeries that may be complicated or impossible with non-robotic approaches. Our surgeons control a camera and tiny instruments to keep a surgery small and delicate—the type of surgery you can recover from more quickly, with less pain.
Meet Our Providers