Quality and Patient Safety
When you seek medical care here, you can expect to receive care that meets or exceeds national quality standards. We continually measure and evaluate quality of patient care, focusing on safety, timeliness and effectiveness. We compare our performance to the latest professional standards and national benchmarks and follow guidelines from national and federal agencies that specialize in measuring healthcare quality data, setting benchmarks and defining quality care. With access to this data, you can make informed decisions and take an active role in your health and wellbeing.
Ensuring your safety as our patient is a top priority and a deep commitment for every staff member at Yuma Regional Medical Center. We constantly examine our processes and continually look for new practices to maximize outcomes and help keep you safe.
Additionally, Yuma Regional is one of three hospitals nationwide to receive the American Hospital Association’s Quest for Quality Prize – recognizing our leadership and innovation in improving quality and advancing health throughout the communities we serve.
We invite you to be our partner in safety.
The very best care is achieved when patients work closely with members of the care team. These simple steps will make a difference and help keep you safe.
- Ask questions and/or discuss concerns with your provider or other caregivers. Encourage your family members to do the same.
- Provide as much information as you can about your medical history, allergies, medications and supplements you take.
- Provide names and numbers of your regular physicians and pharmacies to your care team so we can work together to coordinate your care.
- Ask for test results if you don’t receive them in a timely manner.
- Grant your Healthcare Power of Attorney to someone close to you so he/she can make necessary medical decisions should you become unable to do so.
- Help keep yourself safe while here. To prevent falls, ask a caregiver to assist you to the bathroom. Wash your hands often and remind your visitors to do so. Help your caregivers check your ID band each time you receive medications or treatments.
Patient- and Family-Centered Care
Sometimes it takes a village. Or your family and your physician working side by side to improve your health. We understand that family is the first line of care for many individuals and know they’re key when it comes to recognizing, monitoring and discussing your health and well-being. That’s why we’re committed to fostering a partnership based on trust, transparency and togetherness. Our goal? A better, healthier you.
Trust. We’re here for you. Our team of caregivers are ready to listen to and honor your choices and wishes. We’ll respectfully incorporate your family’s values, beliefs and cultural background into every stage of our care.
Togetherness. We need you. Here, you’re encouraged to participate in every aspect of care. From discussing your health to suggesting improvements and aiding us in policy development, your feedback is important to us. Because together, we can deliver the best care possible.
Transparency. We see you. You and your family will receive timely updates. This allows you to be an active participant your care. We’re committed to openly sharing information that is easily understandable and useful.
Awards and Recognitions
We are proud that our commitment to quality care and patient safety has earned local, regional and national recognitions, awards, certifications and accreditations, reflecting the high standard of care we provide across all of our services and in many of the specialties we offer.