Preparing for Your Visit
This convenient checklist will help you prepare for your visit. Providing these items and information will facilitate your first appointment in particular.
Please include the name and telephone number of your primary care physician and all referring physicians. Please also bring all medications, both prescribed and over-the-counter items such as herbal supplements, vitamins and medications purchased in other countries. Also, be sure to let your care team know if you have any allergies or reactions to medications.
Please include complementary therapies you have used in the past, such as acupuncture or massage therapy.
Please include family, friends and emergency contacts authorized to receive your personal health information, should they call and request it.
Please bring all of your insurance cards and any referrals you have. You may need additional authorizations or referrals during the course of your care. Our patient financial services specialists are available to help you understand your coverage. For assistance, call 928-317-2518.
If you don’t have a datebook or calendar to record your appointments, we will provide our patient calendar.
We know that you will have questions and concerns. It may be helpful to bring a notebook and pen and/or a companion to help remember the answers to your questions and information from your visit. Listed below are examples of questions that you may want to ask.
- What type of cancer do I have?
- What stage is my cancer?
- What are my treatment options and choices?
- What are the side effects of my treatment?
- Where can I learn more about my diagnosis?
- Should I get a second opinion?
- Are clinical trials an option for me?
- Will I experience pain?
- How can I deal with my fear and anxiety?
- What do I say to my family and friends?
- Are support groups available for me and my family?
- Where can I learn how to address my financial concerns?
- Are complementary therapies available?
- What happens after I complete treatment?
You and those who accompany you may also find it helpful to bring a book, iPad or e-reader to help pass the time during treatments.
As a courtesy to other patients, we ask that you arrive on time for your appointment. If you are going to be late or would like to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please call us at 928-317-2518.