Enhancing your knowledge, skills and abilities as a sports medicine provider.
Our community of soccer players, football devotees, running aficionados, baseball and softball enthusiasts, and military go-getters provides our fellows with abundant opportunities to treat complex patients. This mix of patients provides precisely the cases you need to refine your sports medicine skills. In addition, our annual influx of winter visitors brings active seniors who keep the tennis and pickleball courts occupied, adhere to a regular exercise routine or live to golf. Keeping these seasoned athletes active is but one of your rewarding challenges in this specialized field.
Yuma Regional Medical Center is a 406-bed community hospital located in Yuma County, Arizona. The hospital serves a population of more than 230,000 people and covers expansive geography. Our diverse population includes medically underserved individuals and a large migration of winter visitors. The wide range of healthcare challenges and disease states will invigorate your knowledge and skill. Our geographic location near Mexico’s border and several American Indian Tribes offers additional unparalleled experiences. Our sports medicine fellows have opportunities to integrate into our community by providing sports physicals to local student-athletes. They serve as high school and tournament team physicians and provide care to athletes from Arizona Western College. Fellows also spend time participating in community outreach events and health fairs.
For more information, please contact our Graduate Medical Education office at 928-336-2000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Sports Medicine Fellowship
The Yuma Regional Medical Center Sports Medicine Fellowship program is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education and participates in the National Medicine Residency Matching Program (NRMP) Sports Medicine Fellowship Match. Our mix of active patients combined with our exceptional faculty have created a premier sports medicine fellowship program right here in Southwestern Arizona.
Throughout the 1-year program, you will participate in:
- Weekly sports medicine and primary care clinics
- Weekly didactics lessons including guiding residents through simulations and teaching opportunities
- Collaborative training with the University of Arizona in Phoenix, AZ
- A variety of experiences including hand, shoulder, foot and ankle, and general orthopedics
The Sports Medicine Fellowship program is led by our full-time program director and clinical faculty. In addition to treating in-clinic sports medicine patients, your rotations will include mentorship from impressive shoulder, knee, foot and ankle and upper extremity experts. This diverse experience will prepare you to meet today’s sports medicine challenges and further refine you as a doctor, no matter how you choose to practice medicine in the future.
To be eligible for the Sports Medicine Fellowship program at Yuma Regional Medical Center, all applicants must:
- Be a graduate of an accredited family medicine residency program
- Submit a fellowship application
- Provide two letters of recommendation — one letter from your program director and 1 letter from a sports medicine or orthopedic provider
- Write a letter of interest to the Yuma Regional Medical Center program
- Submit a personal statement and current CV
- Pass USMLE Parts 1-3
- Arrange for your medical school to send us your transcripts
- Complete the full Electronic Residency Application Service application
All applications are processed and evaluated through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) beginning in October of each year. In addition, Yuma Regional Medical Center participates in the National Residency Match Program (NRMP), and strictly abides by NRMP policies.
Interviews are conducted during October, November and December of each year. The Sports Medicine Fellowship program at Yuma Regional Medical Center accepts one fellow annually.
We understand how important it is for you to choose the right fellowship program for your career goals. Our dedicated team in the Graduate Medical Education office is always available to answer any questions you have. Please contact us at 928-336-2000 or email@example.com, and we’ll be glad to assist you.
The Sports Medicine Fellowship program at Yuma Regional Medical Center offers a competitive salary of $68,500. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Temporary relocation housing for up to three months
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- CME Allowance – up to $1,500 per year
- CME Paid Leave – 5 days for approved CME
- Paid Leave – 20 days annually
- American Board of Family Medicine Certificate of Added Qualification preparation materials
If you have any questions about fellow benefits at Yuma Regional Medical Center, please contact our Graduate Medical Education office at 928-336-2000 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and a member of our team will be glad to assist you.
Faculty, Fellow and Alumni Profiles
We invite you to meet the program director, other exceptional physician mentors, our current fellow and graduates of our Sports Medicine Fellowship program.