We understand how important it is for you to be able to communicate with our clinical caregivers in the language that you are most comfortable with, so we will be glad to provide you and your family with the services of an interpreter at no cost. These services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We offer the following services in order to eliminate barriers to health care for YRMC patients who have limited proficiency in English or who are deaf or hard of hearing:
- Qualified Spanish interpreters
- Over-the-phone interpretation for over 150 languages
- American Sign Language interpreters – available by pre-scheduling at least 3 days in advance.
- Video Remote Interpreting Services for American Sign Language
- TDD / TYY Phones (telecommunications devices for the deaf)
- Med-Pat hearing aid-compatible phones
- Captions for the hearing impaired
- Documents translated into Spanish