When you are a patient at Yuma Regional Medical Center, our staff will take great pride in treating you in a caring, skillful and respectful manner conducive to healing. If, however, you or a family member are ever dissatisfied with any of our services, employees or facilities, we ask that you take the following steps so that we can respond to your concerns as quickly as possible:
- Voice your concerns to the nurse who is providing your care.
- If your nurse is unable to resolve the problem or if your concern involves your nurse, dial “0” from your hospital room (or 928-344-2000 from outside the hospital) and ask to speak with the Resource Coordinator for your hospital unit. Resource Coordinators are available on each unit 24 hours a day.
- You may also ask to speak with the Administrative Hospital Supervisor on duty. They are available around the clock to assist with any urgent concerns you may have. If you are calling Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., you can also ask to speak with the Nursing Unit Director or a representative from the Office of Patient Experience.
- If, after voicing your concerns to the appropriate staff member(s), your issue has still not been resolved, you may file a grievance by calling the Yuma Regional Medical Center Care Advocacy Office at 928-336-2002. You can also send an email to email@example.com or mail a letter to: The Care Advocacy Office, Yuma Regional Medical Center, 2400 S Avenue A, Yuma Arizona, 85364. The Care Advocate will work with you and/or your family members and make every effort to fully address and resolve any issues surrounding the hospital care and services you received.
- You may also submit your grievance at any time to the Arizona Department of Health Services, Office of Healthcare Licensure 150 N. 18th Avenue, Suite 450, Phoenix, AZ, 85007. Phone: 602-364-3030 or 1-800-221-9968.