We understand that medical bills are often large, unplanned and may create financial stress at a time when your primary concern is your health. Providing health care to those who cannot afford to pay is part of our mission at Yuma Regional Medical Center. State law requires us to provide free and discounted care to eligible patients, and you may qualify for this free or discounted care based on your family size and income, even if you have health insurance.
The Yuma Regional Medical Center Financial Assistance Policy covers emergency care and other medically necessary hospital-based services for patients who are eligible based on their income and family size. No patient eligible for financial assistance will be charged more than amounts generally billed to patients who have insurance.
Financial Assistance Policy
If you have limited financial resources and are unable to qualify for the AHCCCS program operated by the State of Arizona, you may be eligible to receive health services at Yuma Regional Medical Center for free or at a reduced cost. Eligibility guidelines are based upon the Federal Poverty Guidelines and are updated each year in conjunction with the guidelines published by the Department of Health and Human Services. Please see the current Financial Assistance Guidelines in English
, Amounts Generally Billed
and the List of Covered Providers
for more information.
If you would like to learn more about financial assistance provided by Yuma Regional Medical Center, please see our Financial Assistance Policy in English
or the Plain Language Summary of Financial Assistance Policy in English
Copies of the Financial Assistance Policy, the Financial Assistance Application and Plain Language Summary, can also be obtained:
- By telephone: 928-336-7030
- In person: Yuma Regional Medical Center Corporate Center, 399 W 32nd Street, Yuma, AZ, 85364
- By e-mail: [email protected]
- In the emergency room, admission areas of the hospital and in our ambulatory clinics
To apply for financial assistance, please complete a Financial Assistance Application
available in English
and email to [email protected]
. You may also mail it to Yuma Regional Medical Center, Patient Financial Services 2400 S Avenue A., Yuma, AZ 85364, or drop it off in person at the Yuma Regional Corporate Center at 399 W 32nd St. We will evaluate your application and let you know as soon as possible whether or not you have been approved for financial assistance.
Translated versions of Financial Assistance Policy, the Financial Assistance Application and the Plain Language Summary are available in Spanish, free of charge and upon request. A review of the Yuma County population census statistics, determined that English and Spanish were the only languages required to meet 501r compliance.
– Yuma Regional Medical Center offers a self-pay discount if you are uninsured and do not meet the eligibility requirements of our Financial Assistance Policy. Please note that this discount does not apply to services that already offer cash discount programs, cash-based services, insurance deductibles, co-insurance, co-payments or bad debt accounts. For more information, please contact a Financial Counselor at 928-336-7011
or Patient Financial Services at 928-336-7030.
– Any balance that you owe is due within 30 days. You may pay your balance via credit card, cash, check or online bill pay
. If you need to set up a payment plan, please call Patient Financial Services at 928-336-7030.
– You may be eligible for other government and community programs. We can help you learn whether any of these programs, including Medicaid and Marketplace plans, can help cover your medical bills. We can also help you apply for these programs. Please contact a Financial Counselor at 928-336-7011
for more information.
If you have any questions about financial assistance that is available at Yuma Regional Medical Center, please call our Patient Financial Services department at 928-336-7030
or email us at [email protected]
and we will be glad to assist you.